Call for Entries – Wildlife Carving and Waterfowl Decoy Show
To showcase our amazing local talent, we are planning a Wildlife Carving and Waterfowl Decoy Show that will take place during the Opening Reception. We encourage submissions of wildlife or waterfowl-themed carvings, and other works that fit our waterfowl conservation theme. Artists will handle any sales directly and receive 100% of sale profits.
Not a carver but own historical decoys or waterfowling equipment you would like to showcase? Historical submissions with written descriptions are encouraged too!
- Works will be displayed during the conference’s Opening Reception on August 26, 2019, 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Venue: The Fairmont, 2 Lombard Pl, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Attendees include academics, government and non-governmental biologists, consultants and professionals from around the world
- Please send digital image(s) of pieces to email@example.com, with subject line: Carving/Decoy Show Entry
- In the body of the email, include:
- Contact person name and email
- Size of piece(s)
- Specify for sale OR not for sale
- Retail value (required whether for sale or not)
- Deadline: August 2nd, 2019
- All work must be original (except historical waterfowling submissions)
- If more pieces are received than can be accommodated, a jury will select which pieces for the show.
- The artist will handle sales directly. Contact information can be made available to interested buyers through the organizer. 100% of sale profits go to the artist.
- Pieces can be dropped off on August 26, 2019, between 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. Artists are also encouraged to attend the Opening Reception from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. (no admission fee)
- Pieces must be picked up on August 26, between 10 :00 and 11:00 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange drop off or pick up outside these times.
- Tables will be available for table top displays. Artists are requested to bring additional display materials where applicable.